Years ago, there were hundreds of different text encoding in an attempt to support all languages and character sets. Nowadays all these different languages can be encoded in unicode UTF-8, but unfortunately all the subtitles files from years ago still exist, and some stubborn countries still use old text encoding.
Feel Free to check our Subtitles Translator Tool and Subtitles Sync/Shifter Tool.
We Support Subtitles UTF-8 Encoding to These Formats:1. SubRip (SRT) subtitles file format "perhaps the most basic of all subtitle formats and our first format to support". SubRip (SubRip Text) subtitles files are named with the extension .srt "or simply SRT subtitles file format", which is supported by most modern media players.
2. SubStation Alpha (or Sub Station Alpha), abbreviated SSA, is a subtitle file format that allows for more advanced subtitles than the conventional SRT and similar formats. SubStation Alpha (or Sub Station Alpha) subtitles files are named with the extension .ssa "or simply SSA subtitles file format".
3. Advanced SubStation Alpha (ASS) subtitles file format is a script for more advanced subtitles than SSA. It is able to produce anything from simple texts to manual graphic editing used in karaoke. Advanced SubStation Alpha (ASS) subtitles files are named with the extension .ass "or simply ASS subtitles file format".
4. WebVTT (Web Video Text Tracks), abbreviated VTT, is a W3C standard for displaying timed text tracks (such as subtitles or captions) in connection with the HTML5 <track> element. WebVTT (VTT) subtitles files are named with the extension .vtt
5. MicroDVD (SUB) is a subtitles file format for digital video. MicroDVD (SUB) subtitles files are named with the extension .sub “or simply SUB subtitles file format”.
More and More subtitles file format will be supported soon. We are working hard to improve our/your website.
If you faced any issue with this tool, please contact us, and give us your subtitle file name.
If You Appreciate What We Do Here On elSubtitle.com, You Should Consider: PayPal Donation
How to Use This Tool
- Select the original subtitle file with the "Browse..." button.
- Select the subtitle language for accurate encoding conversion.
- Press the "Convert to UTF-8" button, and wait for a couple of seconds.
- The Link that contains your new subtitle file format will appear at the page bottom, download it to your computer. Just select where you want to save it.